Hello! I'm Mrs. Rice. I'm so excited to have the opportunity to be your child's teacher this year! Here is a bit about me...
- I was born and raised in Florence, Alabama. I'm the oldest of three girls (bless my Dad's heart) and shortly after receiving my Bachelors of Science in Biology, I decided to move to Atlanta. I've been a Georgia Peach since 2007!
- I married my best friend, Nick Rice ( yes, I call him by his whole name), in October 2009 and we have two amazing kiddos. Emma Kate is 3 and Hudson will be 2 in October. It really is true what the say, "The days are long, but the years are fast". My babies are growing up so fast, but I love to see their personalities come out and how they take in so much information and apply it to their surroundings!
- After working in the healthcare field for over 7 years, I decided to go back to school to teach. I graduated in 2014 from Shorter University with my Masters of Arts in Teaching in Early Childhood Education. I'm grateful for my years in healthcare. I had the opportunity to meet and work with so many people from different backgrounds and walks of life. I feel as if it makes me a better teacher. I completed my student teaching at Teasley working in a 3rd grade classroom. After graduating, I had the opportunity to become a legit Teasley Tiger and taught 4th grade for the next 3 years. This will be my first year teaching my very own 3rd grade class and I'm so excited! My goal as a teacher is to make a positive difference in the lives of young people. In my opinion, you can never have too many people rooting for you!
- I'm a big sports fan! Here's the break down:
- College football: Alabama- Roll Tide!!
- Pro football: Falcons
- Baseball: Braves
- Soccer: ATL UTD
- I LOVE to read! I could spend hours in a book store or library. I also love to travel, spend time with family, try new recipes, and work on my little DIY projects.