News and Learning Objectives for the Week (August 27th-31st):
Wednesday, August 29- Early Release Day
Thursday, August 30- PTA and IB information Night
Monday, September 3- Labor Day- No School
Wednesday, September 5-7- CogAT Testing
IB Unit 1: Get By With A Little Help From My Friends
Central Idea: Citizens of the world contribute to common good.
Learner Profile Traits: Reflective, Caring, Communicator, Principled
Lines of Inquiry:
· Citizens contribute to the common good.
· Citizens should follow rules and laws.
· Citizens pay taxes that fund goods and services for a community.
· Human action can pollute the Earth.
RL3.1, RI3.1- Ask and answer questions using text evidence.
RL.3.4, RI.3.4- Determine the meaning of words and phrases as they are used
in a text.
S3L2- Obtain, evaluate, and communicate information about the effects of
pollution on the environment.
OA.2- Multiplication and Division-Writing an equation that accurately represents a model.
· Vocabulary- factor, product, divisor, dividend, quotient
Writing: Narrative Writing
· Adding voice to my writing through strong verbs and figurative language.